Thursday, October 4, 2012

8 Months

Little Ayla Ocean, why are you growing up so big? 
Don't you know your mommy wishes you would stay tiny as a twig?
I love the way your wispy hair is getting longer in the back. 
But the hair in the front, that is the hair that you lack.
Your craddle cap in finally gone, I picked it all away. 
You are a content little baby, I sit you down and there you stay. 
I cleave unto to every moment of your existence. 
There are thousands of pictures to prove of my persistence.
We love to go swim in the pool, we go almost every day. 
You splish and you splash, I love to watch you play.
Your sure to start a new trend, with that beautiful toothless grin.
When the superstars start knocking out their teeth, we will know it is a win.
I squish you and I squeeze you, your my cuddly little bug. 
You take away any sadness, with a loving tender hug.
I can't believe my little love is 8 months old today.
Your growing, learning, and getting big in every single way. 
 The happiness you give me words can not describe. 
I would not trade it for anything no matter what the bribe.    
Your the sweetest little baby a girl could ever know. 
I love you with all my heart, from your head down to your toe.












What is new?

Food:  Ayla has enjoyed quite the array of fruits and veggies including: apples, pears, papaya, bananas, mangoes, avocado, peaches, blueberries, sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, green beans, carrots, oatmeal cereal, oatmeal cereal with bananas, rice cereal, rice cereal with apples, Yobaby blueberry yogurt, Mum mums rice crackers, and the newest foods are Gerber puffs, black beans and cantaloupe.  She has got a really good "pincher" grasp now and can pick up tiny pieces of black bean, cereal, puffs, and blueberries and put them in her mouth. It is really cute.     

Scooting: No crawling yet, but she is getting more curious about the world around her and has figured out how to get where she wants to go.  She can lay on her belly propped up on her arms and scoot herself backwards, she can also scoot in a circle. But she hasn't quite figured out how to go forward yet. Most times she is very content to sit in one place and play with her toys.  

Teeth: Nothing to report here, no teeth yet. 

Talking:  Ayla has become quite the gibber-gabber.  Most of her sounds are just gibberish but she will through in dada, mama, and baba quite often and we can't get enough. 

Sleep: Going to sleep has become a little more challenging, Ayla used to fall asleep nursing, or after a couple stories and some singing, then once asleep we would move her to her crib. We are finding a new groove.  Now it seems she still wants to nurse, and loves the stories and singing.  But then she gets restless and wants to roll around.  So we will put her in her crib while she is still awake.  She will cry when you first leave the room for about 1-3 mins and then she stops crying and starts talking to herself sometimes she will do this for quite a while before she will finally go to sleep. But the really good news is that Ayla is finally 90% of the time sleeping all the way through the night!!!  Yay!!  It seems like once a week she will still have a rough night where she wants to stay up late (like 10pm) or wakes up in the middle of the night and wont go back to sleep for like 3 hours. But all the other nights she will typically sleep 8pm-7am.  It is wonderful!! 

Ayla won't go to the doctor again till her 9 month check up in November.  But she is growing and getting heavy.  I am fairly certain she has passed the 20lb mark.  She continues to be a very happy and content little woman.  We love her so much! 




2 comments:

kiera said...

Love how blue her eyes are! So cute. Glad you're loving every moment.

The Peart Family said...

I am able to see your blog! Thanks for the invite... Ayla is so beautiful!